My Progress

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Well so much for my #1 goal..

It's not even half way through January yet and I almost blew up my #1 goal for this year..

No major injuries or illness..

Fortunately it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Lesson learned, hang onto those 35# plates when picking them up.  Other lesson learned, when picking up heavy objects, don't leave various body parts directly in the impact zone.

Fortunately according to the glow in the dark radiologist at the local emergency room, nothing was  broken.  Just bruised all the heck and sore as anything. The doctor was worried about Compartment Syndrome but that seems to be a bit of a non issue currently.

Unfortunately it looks like this is going to keep me off the bike for awhile, at least until I get the full use of my hand back.

The other important bit of information that I learned was that my bones are stronger than my floor.


No comments:

Post a Comment